Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 go on sale today through Google Play. Here’s a decent look at the Nexus 6’s pricing compared to other devices. Amazon has Nexus 9 available for pre-order at $399. That’s all I have to say about that.
And in other news:
- A new Chromecast is passing through the FCC for the retail market. Apparently, the new device enables 5 gHz wireless.
- And if you weren’t sure Chromecast was that big of a “thing,” then there’s this story that shows 40% of users rent video downloads. That’s a huge boost for the media industry.
- Incidentally, Wikipedia has a nice list of all apps that have Google Cast support. I know, it’s Wikipedia, so you can’t trust the source.
- Need a new game for your Android device? Here’s 99 of them for $0.99.
- Those of us in the United States should expect laws in the near future that restrict our rights to encrypt our devices.
- I know a lot of people who use GoToMeeting for conference calling. Now the GoToMeeting supports Android Wear, though I’m not quite sure what the purpose is…
- I’m going to try this hack at turning my Android Lollipop home button into a battery meter.
- Remember slot car racing? Well, Anki Drive is the high-tech version.
- And just in case you didn’t think that was fun, check out these “kids” racing. Hello, Christmas!
- This Popular Mechanics post has 10 things you didn’t know your could do with your Android device. It’s pretty good.
- Google says teens are the biggest users of voice search.
- I’m curious about the Moto Hint, Motorola’s reinvented Bluetooth earbud.
- Look no further for a good list of Chrome extensions that will synchronize with your Android device.
- I’m trying to think of ways that I could use this 123D Catch modeling program on my Android tablet and in court.
- And finally,
” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”>meet Motorola’s new turbo charger; 15 minutes for zero to full.