By now, you either have the Google Now Launcher, or you don’t. If you don’t, then you might want to go grab the launcher and sideload the install. I love it. If you have a Nexus or Google Play Edition device, then you’ll be able to grab the launcher from Google Play.
And if you didn’t notice, you can take a look at my two-part “expose” on cloud terms of service.
Now, here’s the rest of the news:
- Futurelawyer introduced me to this story on using your phone’s hotspot as an emergency beacon. Assuming you can still use your device, this app could be potentially lifesaving.
- Attorney at Work gives you some ideas on keeping client information safe in a BYOD environment.
- Researchers at Wichita State report that Google Glass doesn’t distract user’s driving.
- Android Community reports that a new Google Play Services update will help minimize Android malware with an “always on” scanning feature.
- Two of the Motorola apps I miss from Moto X is Active Assist and Display, and Motorola just updated these apps to add new features.
- iPhone/Apple fans are happy about an apparent comment from Google’s Sundar Pichai regarding Android flaws.
- The problem is, Pichai never made the comment.
- The “OK Google” command is available for Chrome Browser.
- And Chrome for Android also saw a new update.
- Google+ users will see a new update that adds awesome photo editing features. The update’s rolling out gradually to all Android devices.
- Project Ara is Google’s new “build your own device” program, and apparently, Google wants the devices to start at $50.
- Here’s an interesting concept, a self-destructing Android phone.
- If you’re using a company provided Android phone, chances are it’s a Samsung model, because Samsung’s big in enterprise.
- Most ASUS users won’t see an update to KitKat, but you could if you’re lucky.
- If you’re willing to spend $50 or $90, you can have a new dock for your Nexus 7 tablet.
- The Droid Guy explains why mobile phone unlocking is an important measure. TDG’s explanation might help you understand the new cell phone unlocking bill passed by the U.S. House.
- I guess I should mention the new Samsung Galaxy S5.
- If you want to know more about S5, check out this post.
- I love Plex, and a recent update adds audio streaming and content mirroring — sending your Plex library to your television as you browse.